Friday, June 13, 2008

Yoooo Purple Flash here, Don Brown


Purple is my favorite color. Sixty three years young and just full of it!! I have been sailing for 50 years starting with a sunfish on the fire ponds on the farm in Hershey, PA. Just retired from the Army Reserve & Army Civil Service and loving every minute. Ruthann and I bought a Catalina 380 and sailed it to HI from San Diego and we have it at Kaneohe Yacht Club. I have a 100 ton CG license and am presently Vice Commodore of Kaneohe Yacht Club. So far I have Five Pacific crossings, couple each way and have raced Pacific Cup twice before. Also did a great Tahiti race with Kamiloa. Sailing is my favorite but I also enjoy tennis, racket ball, riding my Harley, skiing, jogging, kayaking and giving Ruthann a hard time and loving her to pieces. Two daughters, 5 grand kids & two super son-in-laws. Life is good.

No comments: